Mar 19, 2019
Kelly O’Connor, 413.552.2315, firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking is a degree option that prepares students for entry-level careers in banking. Students will be expected to complete at least one course through the Center for Financial Planning.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- define basic banking principles
- interpret accounting data
- analyze financial statements
- calculate business statistical data and quantify a variety of other business data
- summarize and appreciate the lending process
- appreciate the role of law in the banking field
- define traditional functions of management and their contributions to strategic planning
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: 26 CREDITS
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: 33 CREDITS
PROGRAM ELECTIVES: 3 CREDITS
Select from the following
ACC, BUS, HCA, MGT, MKT, SPO
TOTAL: 62 CREDITS
1 BUS 239 : This course is offered only through the Center for Financial Training (CFT) at a cost which may be different than HCC courses. Also, financial aid might not be available for this course.
Credits earned from a CFT course are transferred into an HCC program upon successful completion of the course. Therefore, to be considered a full-time HCC student while simultaneously enrolled in a CFT course, a student must also be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits of HCC-offered coursework.
Students who intend to transfer to a baccalaureate program should look at the following options:
Depending on course selection, 100% of this program can be completed online. Go to Online Learning for more information.