Alex Sanchez Jr., 413.552.2841, email@example.com
This program provides students with a broad academic background in criminal justice and the opportunity to develop the skills needed for pursuing a career in public service or the private sector, or transfer to a four-year institution, in a learning environment which embraces academic excellence, diversity, and professionalism.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the American criminal justice system and the legal, theoretical, and public policy issues that are relevant to it.
- Develop effective and professional communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Articulate an awareness of issues of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, social class, disability, and religious belief.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the primary data sources and methods used to measure practices in the criminal justice field and criminal behavior in society.
- Identify, locate, evaluate, and responsibly use appropriate legal, sociological, and other sources in papers and assignments.
- Recognize the importance of ethics and ethical behavior in the achievement of justice.