Thomas Barrup, 413.552.2119, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will, upon successful completion of the program, be prepared for employment in the clean energy sector or transfer to a four year institution. This degree will transfer to a number of area colleges and universities in clean energy programs as well as the iCONS (Integrated Concentration in Science - clean energy track) program at UMASS Amherst.
Students will learn about all types of sustainable energy sources, including solar, wind, geothermal, and biomass. They will learn how to use specialized equipment and monitor energy usage. Hands-on experience will be provided in the internship as well as the labs to acquaint the students with the necessary equipment and technologies.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- explain the relationship between carbon-free energy and climate disruption
- understand the scientific principles behind energy production and consumption
- develop a working knowledge of the latest technologies necessary for the development of fossil fuel-free energy sources
- explain the principles behind the application of each type of renewable energy
- understand the role humans play in choosing renewable sources of energy