Laura Christoph, 413.552.2426, email@example.com
The Associate Degree in Foundations of Health Transfer Option is designed for students interested in a health-related career whose focus is on transferring to a four-year institution. Students begin by taking HTH 101 and HTH 102 along with general education requirements. Students will work closely with their advisor to place into appropriate courses guided by their strengths and personal career goals. The program’s focus is intentionally broad, so that students can transfer for both clinical programs (Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, Nursing) as well as non-clinical programs (Health Administration, Public Health, Art Therapy), at both state and private colleges in Massachusetts.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a foundational skill set in writing, critical thinking, and quantitative reasonsing that can be applied to a four-year degree in a health-related field
- think critically about the health care system and public health, including current policies, events, and considerations related to entering a four-year transfer degree in health
- understand the intersection of psychological and sociological components of human development and aging as they relate to health care practice
- work with diverse populations and demonstrate an awareness of diversity and cultural humility that aligns with the goals inherent in being a Hispanic Serving Institution and a health professional
- communicate effectively through active listening and speaking, and will convey health-related knowledge accurately, clearly, and in culturally-aware and responsive ways to instructors, supervisors, coworkers, patients, and others
- understand their ethical obligations in the health care and public health professions
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: 35-36 CREDITS
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: 25 CREDITS
TOTAL: 60-61 CREDITS
1Select from: BIO, CHM, PHS, ENV
Students wishing to transfer to a four-year program need to consult carefully with their academic advisor as their selected coursework may vary considerably depending on desired academic/career path. Students should also meet with Mark Broadbent, Coordinator of Transfer Affairs to discuss their transfer plans. Certain courses (i.e. lab sciences, math, etc.) may have a time limit for transfer. Please speak to your FOH advisor for more information.
University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Public Health Program: ANT 101 , BIO 107 , BIO 111 , BIO 120 or BIO 229 ; ECN 101 , HTH 102 , MTH 113 or MTH 142 or MTH 162 , PSY 210 , PSY 217 , PSY 218 , SOC 110 , SOC 130 , SOC 214
- Communication Disorders Program: MTH 142 , PSY 215 .
- BA in Health Services Administration: ACC 111 , ACC 112 , BUS 115 , ECN 101 , ECN 102 , MGT 230 , MKT 240
- BA in Health Studies/Health Education: BIO 107 , BIO 217 and BIO 218 , MTH 104 or MTH 108 or MTH 113 or MTH 162
- Occupational Therapy BS/MS: BIO 107 , BIO 217 & BIO 218 , PSY 110 , PSY 217 , SOC 110 , MTH 142
- Students interested in PT or PA degree should enroll in the Sports Biology degree and take the following courses at HCC: BIO 107 , BIO 108 , CHM 113 /CHM 114 or CHM 121 /CHM 124 , MTH 108 or MTH 113 , MTH 142
- Communications Disorders Program (BA): MTH 108 or MTH 113 or MTH 142 , PHI 120 , PSY 110 , PSY 142
- Given that the majority of requirements for this major do not transfer, it is advisable for students to transfer early on.
- Health Care Management Program (accelerated): ACC 111 , ACC 112 , BUS 115 , ECN 101 , ECN 102 , MGT 230 , MKT 240 , MTH 142 , PSY 110 , SOC 110 , any 100-level ART, MUS, PHI and HIS, and an associates degree with a 2.25 or higher GPA
American International College
- Public Health Program: MTH 142 , HTH 101 , HTH 102 (HTH 124 can also be applied to this degree)
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy: BIO 107 , BIO 108 , BIO 217 , BIO 218 , CHM 113 , CHM 114 , PHS 101 , MTH 104 , PSY 110
Bay Path University
- Occupational Therapy: BIO 107 , BIO 217 , MTH 142
- Physician Assistant Program: BIO 107 , BIO 217 , BIO 218 , BIO 229 , CHM 113 /CHM 114 or CHM 121 /CHM 124 , CHM 221 , plus 1 physical science, MTH 142 , PHI 120
- Students who complete course work in the Community Health Worker Certificate can transfer these courses to Bay Path American Women’s College for a bachelor’s degree in Community Health
This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state colleges and universities. MassTransfer will also grant students automatic acceptance to certain state colleges and universities by achieving the minimum grade point average and the HCC degree.
Depending on course selection, 80% of this program can be completed online. Go to Online Learning for more information.