Robert Greeney, 413.552.2368, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Physics General Transfer Option prepares students for transfer to public or private four year colleges or universities with a major in physics. Physics majors can also transfer into programs in other areas of science and non-science.
Physicists find employment opportunities in industry, government, and education in fields such as, physics, engineering, computer software, and business.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- use the terms, concepts, relationships, principles, and laws of mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and mathematics to solve quantitative word problems
- use the terms, concepts, relationships, principles, and laws of mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and mathematics to explain the results of laboratory investigations and other real world phenomenon
- state and explain the terms, concepts, relationships, principles, and laws of mechanics, electricity and magnetism using spoken language, written language, equations, mathematics, diagrams and examples
- use written instructions to construct and carry out laboratory investigations in physics
- design and carry out laboratory or field investigations that lead to the understanding and predictability of basic physical phenomenon
- be prepared to transfer to a four-year college or university program and successfully complete the courses required to acquire a bachelor’s degree in physics