Aug 16, 2022
Timothy Cochran, 413.552.2484, firstname.lastname@example.org
The theater option is committed to providing students with broad-based training and study in theater arts, including foundational classes in acting, technical theater, and dramaturgy. The faculty at HCC is committed to providing students with a practical application of study by collaborating on the production of various theater performances on campus.
The program prepares students for transfer to a 4-year institution, and is suited for students who wish to pursue careers in the fields of:
- Government Relations
- Public Relations
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- collaborate and participate in all aspects of the rehearsal process and production of a play
- write critically about performance while utilizing theater-specific vocabulary
- demonstrate the techniques required to create performance and scenic elements that serve the dramatic function of a play
- perform scenes and monologues, and utilize improvisational techniques
- design, paint, and build stage scenery
- read and write about significant works in theater and be able to differentiate various styles of theater
- demonstrate effective communication while working in a production process
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: 35-36 CREDITS
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: 19 CREDITS
PROGRAM ELECTIVES: 8 CREDITS
Select from the following
TOTAL: 62-63 CREDITS
This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state colleges and universities. MassTransfer will also grant students automatic acceptance to certain state colleges and universities by achieving the minimum grade point average and the HCC degree.
Depending on course selection, 50% of this program can be completed online. Go to Online Learning for more information.